Often times, I have heard people ask why relationships fail.
Have you ever had to question yourself on why you face some challenges in your relationship?
Trust me, it is not easy to discover that. It takes time to know what is wrong and why you may fail in your relationship.
Here are some reasons your relationship might fail:
- Comparing Your Relationship with Others: It is a great mistake to be putting your spouse or partner in the same shoe that your friends are. You may have friends who show that their relationship is perfect and good but you might just be seeing the surface. They might have a lot of things they deal with too. Putting your relationship atmosphere with theirs might cause a serious damage to yours. Love your partner for who s/he is and not who you wish they were.
- Barren Communication: In the previous post, we talked more about communication. That is because it is a very important phenomenon in any relationship. If you do not have a smooth and romantic communication with your partner, there is a high tendency that your relationship might fail. Keeping how you feel to yourself will never help you make it a successful relationship. You have to open up to your partner. Discuss any random thing, even if it seems meaningless. Just make sure you talk to each other.
- Ask Your Partner this Question. If you feel something is not right about your relationship, you might need to ask him/her this question: Are you in this relationship because you do not have a choice? Anyone who loves you will be ready to go the extra mile to make it work out. They won’t consider it difficult to make sacrifices especially the one that inconvenient them. If your partner cannot truly answer that question, then something is wrong somewhere.
- Lack of Connection: In a relationship, the chemistry must be alive in order to know whether you are truly in love together. If one of you in trying to express love but the other doesn’t reflect it, then the equation is not balanced. No matter how shy anyone is, when love is true, it will be reflected. Are you attached to your partner? How long can you survive without hearing from each other? It is of great importance to know the level of connection between you so as not to labour in vain.
- What is the Ratio of Your Effort to Protect the Relationship?: As it is known, it takes two people to have a relationship. It is a known fact that the world is not balanced, but in terms of a relationship, there is the need to attain a level of balance. The two of you must work together in order to keep the relationship alive. If one is trying hard to make it work and the other doesn’t feel concerned, then, the death of such relationship approaches gradually. Make it your priority. You have to own it. Feed it. Cherish and care for it together with your partner.
There are many more reasons for a relationship to fail, you might do well to add yours in the comment box. Feel free to share with your friends.
I await your response in the comment box.
Thank you for reading.